Crandall - Socially Conscious Inventions
Essential Question: What can I do or build to improve my life or the lives of others?
Download a project guide here.
Step 1: Introduction
Step 2: Research - What problem do I want to solve?
- Resources to get started:
- What are you interested in? What are you passionate about?
- What problems have you experienced in your daily life or observed in the community around you?
- Once you've decided:
- What do you already know about the topic?
- What do you need to know?
Step 3: Application
Brainstorm! Sketch and write your ideas on paper. Bounce ideas off of each other. What can you do? How will it work? What materials/resources will you need?
Step 4: Implement/Building
Begin building your prototype. Make mistakes. Take it apart. Re-imagine your design. Build it again.
Step 5: Share/Document
Take pictures or make a video of your product. Make a multimedia project (iMovie, Prezi, PowerPoint, etc.) to provide an explanation for other students about how/why it works and walk them through the design process. Is there anyone else who would benefit from this? Who can we contact?