What is Project LIT?
Project LIT Community is a national, grassroots LITeracy movement, a network of dedicated teachers and students who are committed to increasing access to culturally relevant books and promoting a love of reading in our schools and communities. We work together to:
- Empower students as READERS and LEADERS in their school and community.
- Host monthly or quarterly Project LIT Book Clubs.
- Flood our schools and communities with high-quality, culturally relevant books.
- Champion & celebrate reading daily.
- Inspire and support one another through sharing of lesson plans, resources, strategies, and book recommendations.
- Create opportunities for students to connect with peers around the country.
- Advocate for policies & practices that will help our students become lifelong leaders.
How do I join Project LIT?
Let Ms. Garrett know you're interested. You will receive a copy of the current book (Born a Crime) to read and keep!
Project LIT Selections
We are currently reading Born a Crime by Trevor Noah. The next selection is Dear Justyce by Nic Stone.
Want to stay even more connected with Project LIT?
You can follow along with the larger Project LIT community by following @projectLITcomm or by following #ProjectLITBookClub on instagram!